EOSIO is the next-generation blockchain platform for creating and deploying smart contracts and distributed applications. EOSIO comes with a number of programs. The primary ones included in EOSIO are the following:
- Nodeos (node + eos = nodeos) - Core service daemon that runs a node for block production, API endpoints, or local development.
- Cleos (cli + eos = cleos) - Command line interface to interact with the blockchain (via
nodeos) and manage wallets (via
- Keosd (key + eos = keosd) - Component that manages EOSIO keys in wallets and provides a secure enclave for digital signing.
The basic relationship between these components is illustrated in the diagram below.
Additional EOSIO Resources:
- EOSIO Utilities - Utilities that complement the EOSIO software.
- Upgrade Guide - EOSIO version/protocol upgrade guide.
- Release Notes - All release notes for this EOSIO version.