Create a wallet using
Make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Familiarize with the
cleos wallet createcommand and its parameters.
- Familiarize with the other
- Install the currently supported version of
- Understand what an account is and its role in the blockchain.
- Understand Accounts and Permissions in the protocol documents.
- Understand what a public and private key pair is.
Perform the step below:
Create a default or named wallet and save the wallet password to a file:
cleos wallet create [-n named_wallet] -f <file_to_save_pwd>
file_to_save_pwd is the name of the file to write the wallet password to and
named_wallet is an optional parameter to assign a name to the wallet.
Some examples are provided below:
- Create a default wallet and save the password to the file
cleos wallet create -f default_wallet.pwd
Creating wallet: default Save password to use in the future to unlock this wallet. Without password imported keys will not be retrievable. saving password to default_wallet.pwd
- Create a named wallet
my_walletand save the password to the file
cleos wallet create -n my_wallet -f my_wallet.pwd
Creating wallet: my_wallet Save password to use in the future to unlock this wallet. Without password imported keys will not be retrievable. saving password to my_wallet.pwd