The Smart Contract Guides section introduces many EOSIO concepts used in smart contract development. Follow these tutorials and learn the core features of smart contract development. The tutorials take you step by step through each topic and at the end of each tutorial you will have the knowledge to apply these to your own smart contract.
Topics include how create your own token; how to store and update smart contract state and how to call actions from within a smart contract.
The reference guide, best practices and many how to guides are available in the eosio.cdt manual.
Before you begin the smart contracts development workflow, make sure the following prerequisites are met:
- You have a running blockchain which you can use to deploy and test your smart contracts. See the Running a Blockchain tutorial.
- You understand how to use and set up accounts. See the Accounts and Permissions tutorial.
Work your way through the following topics to build and deploy smart contracts:
- Deploy, Issue and Transfer Tokens: How to use the eosio.token smart contract.
- Understanding ABI Files: How ABI files work and what they are.
- Data Peristence: How to store data on the blockchain, with a single index.
- Secondary Indices: How to store data on the blockchain, with muliple indices.
- Adding inline Actions: How to call actions in your smart contract.
- Inline Actions to external contracts: How to call actions in other smart contracts.
- Linking custom permissions: How to set up custom permissions on a smart contract.
- Payable Actions: How to be paid for calling smart contract actions.